Part Time opportunity, 16 hours per week
Are you a skilled and experienced Palliative Care Nurse looking for a new opportunity?
Do you have a passion for helping those with life-limiting illness, and their carers?
We are excited to offer this opportunity to join our Specialist Community Palliative Care team to support patients, carers and their families on the Bellarine Peninsula. We operate from Bellarine Community Health at the Point Lonsdale site.
Bellarine Community Health (BCH) is the major provider of primary health care services to the Bellarine Peninsula. BCH is a not-for-profit health care provider with close links to our community operating from five sites – in Drysdale (two sites), Ocean Grove, Point Lonsdale and Portarlington and in community settings across the Bellarine.
BCH delivers a broad scope of health services and wellbeing programs for all people in our diverse communities.
If you’d like to know more about us please refer to our website www.bch.org.au and social media (Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn) or call us to learn more about this role.
About the Team
The BCH Palliative Care service comprises an inter-disciplinary team of a Nurse Practitioner, Specialist Community Palliative Care Nurses and a Family Support Worker. We work in conjunction with BCH Community Nurses and Occupational Therapists with access to Specialist Medical support.
About the role
The BCH Specialist Community Palliative Care Nurse will provide evidence based quality care for the person with a
life-limiting illness and their carers in the community, within an interdisciplinary care model. The primary aim of the position will be to improve patient outcomes, access to clinical services and enhance the care of patients requiring palliative and end of life care.
Read more about our service at https://bch.org.au/palliative-care/
We would like to hear from you, if you…
- Are a Registered Nurse (holding current registration with Nursing and Midwifery Bord of Australia)
- Have experience in Palliative Care.
- Hold Post Graduate qualifications in palliative care/or Oncology (or working towards in agreed time frame).
- Are competent in the use of IT systems, including MS Office and Client Management Systems
- Can provide professional, accurate and evidence based Palliative Care support and advice to all stakeholders
What we offer
To support you to balance your work/life commitments, grow your skills and expertise, enjoy work and feel valued, we offer the following:
- Generous salary packaging benefits – you can access some of your annual salary tax free each year, hence you pay less tax each pay and take more pay home
- Living Expenses capped at $15,900 annually (includes repayments on mortgages, credit cards, personal loans, and rental payments)
- Meal Entertainment & Accommodation capped at $2,650
- Discounted gym membership at six sites across the region
- A supportive, positive and inclusive workplace culture
- Online induction and onsite orientation
- Generous leave arrangements including annual leave and parental leave
- Employee assistance program: up to 5 counselling sessions per year
Conditions of Employment
- A current National Police Check (within 6 months from date of application)
- A current Working with Children Check – Employee check nominating BCH
- A current Victorian Driver’s License
- A current NDIS Worker Screening Check
- Immunisation status clearance – Hepatitis B, MMR, Pertussis and Varicella, COVID-19 Vaccination evidence
How to Apply
To find out more, please contact Sue Berry, Nurse Practitioner Palliative Care, at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone on 0417 256 570.
Applications must include cover letter, response to key selection criteria, application form (via the BCH website), and resume in PDF format.
The Position Description is available here: PD Community Palliative Care Nurse – August 2022
Submit your application to email@example.com – applications are being assessed as they are received, so please send in your application TODAY!
Bellarine Community Health Ltd is committed to protect children and reduce any opportunities for abuse or harm to occur.
Bellarine Community Health acknowledges the Wadawurrung people as the Traditional Custodians of the land on which our sites are located and across which we provide services and programs for the diverse community. We are proud to be an inclusive workplace and welcome people from all cultures and backgrounds to our service.