The Home and Community Care Program for Younger People (HACC-PYP) provides basic support and maintenance services for people who experience difficulty performing the activities of daily living, and their carers, to help them remain independent at home and in the community.
Bellarine Community Health is a service provider for the HACC – PYP with Surf Coast Shire and the Bellarine Peninsula.
To discuss your needs and eligibility, and to access HACC – PYP services, contact Bellarine Community Health on 5258 0841.
Help around the home
HACC – PYP can help with your normal chores, occasional repairs, or making daily life easier and safer through:
- House cleaning – including essential cleaning ie bathroom, toilet, kitchen, spring cleaning
- Home maintenance – such as cleaning gutters and spouts
- Minor works – such as installing grab rails and smoke alarms Personal, nursing and health care
Carers can assist you with many regular tasks including:
- Personal care – such as help with mobility, showering, grooming, dressing
Getting out and about
HACC – PYP can help you to keep doing the things you enjoy and stay in touch with others by:
- Helping you shop, cook, and attend appointments If you have complex needs
Some people have more complex needs which cannot be met by mainstream HACC – PYP services alone. In these cases, you may be directed to other programs that can help.