Do you have experience in the delivery and support of Home Care Package Programs?
Are you passionate about helping others to live safely and independently at home?
Do you have case management experience working with older Australians?
Do you thrive working with a case load of complex and diverse clients?
Bellarine Community Health is excited to offer this part time (0.6 FTE), ongoing opportunity to join our Home Care Packages team as a Case Manager. This role will work in partnership with our clients to achieve positive outcomes that optimise health and wellbeing, based across the beautiful Bellarine Peninsula and beyond!
About the region
The Bellarine Peninsula is a short 30-minute drive from Geelong, ‘where the weekends are a little longer and the flavours a little fresher’. A perfect mix of sleepy coastal towns and reinvented urban precincts, on your way to work you will pass wineries, beaches, and a sheep or two.
Bellarine Community Health (BCH) is the major provider of primary health care services to the Bellarine Peninsula. BCH is a not-for-profit health care provider with close links to our community operating from five sites – in Drysdale (two sites), Ocean Grove, Point Lonsdale and Portarlington and in community settings across the Bellarine.
If you’d like to know more about us look at our website http://www.bch.org.au/ and social media (Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn) or call us to learn more about this role.
About the team
Our Home Care Package (HCP) team works in partnership with our clients, to achieve positive outcomes that optimise health and wellbeing in accordance with their needs, goals and preference, and to help them to live safely and independently at home.
About the role
The Case Manager, Home Care Packages will be responsible for the provision of case management for a caseload of complex and diverse aged care clients, including to:
- Provide comprehensive client assessment and development of care plans.
- Assist and enable clients to understand their HCP funding in accordance with guidelines.
- Provide comprehensive management of allocated clients package requirements.
- Contribute to the ongoing development of the program including participating in development of procedures, planning and reviewing of care recipient services.
We would like to hear from you if you have:
- Highly developed assessment skills and the ability to creatively problem solve complex care situations.
- An innovative and dynamic approach to the provision of care.
- Proficient experience in case management and consumer directed care principles
- Demonstrated skills in networking, liaison and the development and maintenance of strong links with relevant service providers and users.
- Ability to build rapport and trust with clients and colleagues.
- Strong time management skills and the ability to prioritise competing workloads and tasks.
- Excellent computing skills including Microsoft Office and Excel.
- A Nursing or Allied Health degree qualification and APHRA registration as well as comparable experience would be highly regarded.
What we offer
To support you to balance your work/life commitments, grow your skills and expertise, enjoy work and feel valued we offer the following:
- Generous salary packaging benefits – you can access some of your annual salary tax free each year
- Living Expenses capped at $15,900 annually (includes repayments on mortgages, credit cards, personal loans, and rental payments)
- Meal Entertainment & Accommodation capped at $2,650
- Discounted gym memberships at six sites across the region
- A supportive, positive and inclusive workplace culture
- Flexible work environment with ability to work some hours from home
- Generous leave arrangements including annual leave, parental leave, professional development
- Employee Assistance Program; up to 5 counselling session per year
Conditions of Employment
- A current National Police Check (within 6 months from date of application)
- A current Working with Children Check – Employee check nominating BCH
- A current Victorian Driver’s Licence
- Immunisation status clearance (including evidence of COVID 19 vaccination)
How to Apply
To find out more, please contact Melinda Farnsworth, Executive Director – Primary Care and Aged Services, at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone on 03 5251 4696.
Applications must include cover letter, response to key selection criteria, application form (via the BCH website), and resume in PDF format.
The Position Description is available here: PD Case Manager – Home Care Packages (Sept 2022)
Submit your application to email@example.com – applications will be assessed as they are received, with final applications closing at 5pm Sunday 9th October 2022. We look forward to receiving your application TODAY!
Bellarine Community Health Ltd is committed to protect children and reduce any opportunities for abuse or harm to occur.
Bellarine Community Health acknowledges the Wadawurrung people as the Traditional Custodians of the land on which our sites are located and across which we provide services and programs for the diverse community. We are proud to be an inclusive workplace and welcome people from all cultures and backgrounds to our service.