Do you have experience in the management and delivery of Home Care Package Programs (or similar)?
Are you passionate about helping others to live safely and independently in their own home?
Do you excel when leading committed, motivated and professional people?
Bellarine Community Health is excited to offer this full time, ongoing opportunity to join our team as Manager, Home Care Packages. This is a fabulous chance to share your managerial oversight of Home Care Packages, and to work on the beautiful Bellarine Peninsula!
The Position Description is available here: PD – Manager Home Care Packages 052023
Bellarine Community Health (BCH) is the major provider of primary health care services to the Bellarine Peninsula. BCH is a not-for-profit health care provider with close links to our community operating from five sites – in Drysdale (two sites), Ocean Grove, Point Lonsdale and Portarlington and in community settings across the Bellarine.
If you’d like to know more about us look at our website http://www.bch.org.au/ and social media (Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn).
About the team
The Home Care Package (HCP) team works in partnership with our clients, to achieve positive outcomes that optimise health and wellbeing in accordance with their needs, goals and preference, and to help them to live safely and independently at home.
About the role
The Manager, Home Care Packages will provide managerial oversight of the BCH Home Care Package services to:
- Lead the implementation of the HCP Program Growth Strategy.
- Ensure the provision of cost effective, evidence based, consumer directed and goal orientated HCP management services for BCH Home Care Package clients.
- Ensure HCP delivery is compliant with HCP program guidelines as well as all relevant legislation, Acts, and quality standards.
These objectives will be achieved by reviewing and establishing any new operational procedures required to support BCH’s HCP case management team achieve targeted outcomes.
The Manager, Home Care Packages will be required to take on a limited case management load to support the HCP Program Growth Strategy at times.
We would like to hear from you if you have:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a management role.
- Experience in a similar role, including proficiency in case management and consumer directed care principles.
- Relevant tertiary level health industry qualification.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with an ability to build positive internal and external relationships.
- Highly developed assessment skills and the ability to creatively problem solve complex care situations.
- An innovative and dynamic approach to the provision of care and the management of feedback and client experience.
- Highly motivated with well-developed leadership skills, with the ability to manage and influence others.
- Ability to manage a budget effectively, working in a team environment and autonomously when required.
- Strong time management skills and the ability to prioritise competing workloads and tasks.
- Excellent computing skills including Microsoft Office, particularly Excel.
What we offer
To support you to balance your work/life commitments, grow your skills and expertise, enjoy work and feel valued we offer the following:
- Generous salary packaging benefits – you can access some of your annual salary tax free each year
- Living Expenses capped at $15,900 annually (includes repayments on mortgages, credit cards, personal loans, and rental payments)
- Meal Entertainment & Accommodation capped at $2,650
- Discounted gym memberships at six sites across the region
- A supportive, positive and inclusive workplace culture
- Flexible work environment with ability to work some hours from home
- Generous leave arrangements including paid parental leave and professional development
- Employee Assistance Program; up to 5 counselling session per year
Conditions of Employment
- A current National Police Check
- A current Working with Children Check
- A current Victorian Driver’s Licence
- Immunisation status clearance (including evidence of COVID 19 vaccination)
How to Apply
To find out more, please contact Melinda Farnsworth, Executive Director – Primary Care and Aged Services, at [email protected] or by phone on 03 5251 4696.
For further information, please refer to the Position Description here: PD – Manager Home Care Packages 052023
Please send your application to [email protected] – applications will be assessed as they are received, with final applications closing at 5pm on Sunday 4th June 2023. We look forward to receiving your application!
Applications must include cover letter, response to key selection criteria, application form (via the BCH website), and resume in PDF format.
Bellarine Community Health Ltd is committed to protect children and reduce any opportunities for abuse or harm to occur.
Bellarine Community Health acknowledges the Wathaurong people as the Traditional Custodians of the Wadawurrung land on which our sites are located and across which we provide services and programs for the diverse community. We are proud to be an inclusive workplace and welcome people from all cultures and backgrounds to our service.