Exciting opportunity to join Bellarine Community Health’s Podiatry Service
Permanent Part Time (0.6 EFT) role, ongoing
Based on the beautiful Bellarine Peninsula (lunch time walks to the beach, anyone?)!
A new and exciting opportunity has become available within the Bellarine Community Health’s Podiatry Service. This is a unique opportunity for a suitably experienced Podiatrist to support, strengthen and grow existing Podiatry Services.
The position is a permanent role up to 0.6 EFT (grading based on experience).
Bellarine Community Health (BCH) is the major provider of primary health care services to the Bellarine Peninsula just 20 minutes from Geelong. BCH is a not-for-profit health care provider with close links to our community operating from five sites – in Drysdale (two sites), Ocean Grove, Point Lonsdale and Portarlington and in community settings across the Bellarine.
BCH delivers a broad scope of health services and wellbeing programs for all people in our diverse communities. Services include child, youth and adult health, community nursing, dental services, palliative care, Home Care packages, GP Practice, social support, exercise programs and primary prevention.
If you’d like to know more about us look at our website www.bch.org.au and social media (Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn) or call us to learn more about this role.
About the team
As part of the Primary Health team, the Podiatry service operates from all of the BCH sites across the Bellarine Peninsula providing care from routine nail care, through simple podiatric nail procedures to orthotic assessment and fitting. The demographics of the service includes clients from across the age range, under a variety of funding streams.
About the role
The successful applicant will be responsible for delivery Podiatric services at designated BCH sites across the Bellarine Peninsula supported by a welcoming team of colleagues.
To be successful you will require:
- Qualification (Degree) in Podiatry/Equivalent.
- Registration with AHPRA
- Minimum of 2 years experience
- Ability to work collaboratively in a dynamic team of health professionals
- Supportive and client focused approach
- Previous experience with Community Health Podiatric programs is preferred but not essential
What we offer
- To support you to balance your work/life commitments, grow your skills and expertise, enjoy work and feel valued we offer the following:
- Generous salary packaging benefits – you can access some of your annual salary tax free each year, hence you pay less tax each pay and take more pay home
- Living Expenses capped at $15,900 annually (includes repayments on mortgages, credit cards, personal loans, and rental payments)
- Meal Entertainment & Accommodation capped at $2,650
- Discounted gym membership at six centres across the region
- A supportive workplace culture and ongoing training in the role
- Flexible work environment with ability to work some hours from home
- Positive and friendly team culture
- Online induction and onsite orientation
- Generous leave arrangements including annual leave and parental leave
- professional development/study/conference leave
- Employee assistance program: up to 5 counselling sessions per year
Conditions of Employment
- A current National Police Check (within 6 months from date of application)
- A current Working with Children Check – Employee check nominating BCH
- A current Victorian Driver’s License
- COVID-19 Vaccination evidence
To find out more, please contact Michael Devine, Manager – Primary Health & Sub Acute Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone on 0409 580 816.
Applications must include cover letter, responses to key selection criteria, application form, and resume in PDF format.
The Position Description is available here: PD Gr 2 Podiatrist August 2022.
Submit your application to email@example.com – applications are being assessed as they are received so if you’re interested, please let us know TODAY!
Bellarine Community Health acknowledges the Wadawurrung people as the Traditional Custodians of the land on which our sites are located and across which we provide services and programs for the diverse community. We are proud to be an inclusive workplace and welcome people from all cultures and backgrounds to our service.