Bellarine Community Health has a quality and safety framework which provides a comprehensive overview of the organisation’s clinical, community and corporate governance.
Our quality and safety systems are managed with clear lines of accountability, and we strive to achieve continuous improvement in our performance and service delivery. We listen to the voices of our clients to ensure we are meeting their needs.
We continue to refine our systems to support the process of monitoring, reporting and improvement across all levels of the organisation from clinicians through to the Board of Directors.
OHS representatives actively work with Managers to ensure that workplaces are safe, healthy and supportive for staff, clients and visitors.
We are committed to providing high quality healthcare that meets rigorous industry standards. Our systems for ensuring quality and safety include:
- Compliance and auditing with relevant legislated standards
- A Board Quality, Safety & Risk committee oversee quality, safety and risk performance
- A consumer representative position on the Quality and Safety Commitees to bring a consumer perspective
- A Consumer and Community Advisory Group who examines trends in client feedback and provides input into quality and safety performance and improvements.
- Consumer feedback processes to ensure achievements and improvements are recognised and acted on
Compliance for BCH programs and services is measured against the following accreditation standards.
Review cycles occur every three years, with an 18-month mid-cycle review.
- Aged Care Quality Standards
- NDIS Practice Standards
- Quality Improvement Council Standards
- Royal Australian College of General Practitioner
- NSQHS Standards
- Headsapce Integrity Model Framework
- Child Safe Standards
Consumer Rights & Responsibilities
BCH takes consumer rights seriously. The rights of our consumers are important but so are the responsibilities of consumers in using our service.
Anyone who uses our services should be informed about rights as a service user and be aware of your responsibilities.
You can download a copy of our Consumer Rights and Responsibilities brochure HERE.
Charter of Aged Care Rights
The Charter of Aged Care Rights describes your rights as a consumer of Australian Government funded aged care services. Download the booklet to find out more about your rights as an aged care consumer and how you can exercise those rights.
You can download a copy of the Charter of Aged Care rights HERE.
Victorian Quality Account Report
Bellarine Community Health produces an annual Quality Account Report (formerly Quality of Care Report) highlighting our performance against quality and safety standards.
All Victorian health services are required to publish an annual Quality Account Report for each financial year to inform consumers(patients), carers and the health service community of the quality and safety systems, processes and outcomes of the health service.
Bellarine Community Health consults with consumers,carers and community members about the specific content of the annual Quality Account Report.
The Quality Account is combined with the annual report. You can download BCH Annual Reports HERE.