Bellarine Community Health is committed to the safety and wellbeing of children and young people. Every child and young person have the right to live a full and productive life in an environment that builds confidence, friendship, security, and happiness, irrespective of their family circumstances and background. Children and young people have the right to give their views and opinions about decisions that affect them and to be listened to. Protecting children and young people is everyone’s business.
Bellarine Community Health has committed to taking action to protect children and young people by:
- providing an environment for young people that is caring, nurturing and safe
- safeguarding children and young people from sexual abuse, physical abuse, emotional or psychological abuse, neglect and witnessing violence
- following all legislative child safety requirements including mandatory reporting
- empowering and involving children and young people when making decisions, especially about matters that directly affect them. We listen to their views and respect what they have to say
- promoting diversity and tolerance in our organisation, and people from all walks of life and cultural backgrounds are welcome
It is everyone’s responsibility to ensure a child safe environment, including staff, board, management, students, volunteers, contractors, and families of children.