Are you a skilled and experienced Dental Assistant looking for part time or casual work?
Are you passionate about working with the local community to enhance oral health?
Would you love to work on the beautiful Bellarine Peninsula and take a lunch time walk to the beach (who wouldn’t?!)?
We have multiple part time and casual Dental Assistant opportunities now available within Bellarine Community Health’s dental team based in Point Lonsdale. Apply now and you could join our dynamic, collaborative, and friendly dental team!
About the region
The Bellarine Peninsula is a short 30-minute drive from Geelong, ‘where the weekends are a little longer and the flavours a little fresher’. A perfect mix of sleepy coastal towns and reinvented urban precincts, on your way to work you will pass wineries, beaches, and a sheep or two.
Bellarine Community Health (BCH) is the major provider of primary health care services to the Bellarine Peninsula. BCH is a not-for-profit health care provider with close links to our community operating from five sites – in Drysdale (two sites), Ocean Grove, Point Lonsdale and Portarlington and in community settings across the Bellarine.
BCH delivers a broad scope of health services and wellbeing programs for all people in our diverse communities.
If you’d like to know more about us look at our website www.bch.org.au and social media (Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn) or call us to learn more about this role.
About the role
The Dental Assistant role involves:
- All aspects of chair-side dental assistance to dental clinicians, including dentists, oral health therapists and dental prosthetists.
- Supporting the delivery of excellent dental care and excellent customer service.
- Undertaking additional duties as necessary including, but not limited to general reception duties and administrative tasks to support program compliance.
- Providing support to dental outreach program by assisting with data entry, packing resources and collating consent/treatment documents and other duties as necessary.
- Working collaboratively as a member of a multi-disciplinary team.
We would like to hear from you if you:
- Have Certificate III or IV in Dental Assisting, or equivalent experience.
- Are familiar with dental software, Titanium (or Exact).
- Can demonstrate the ability to work effectively and cooperatively within a team environment.
- Possess high level organisational skills and the ability to multi-task.
- Display excellent communication and highly developed interpersonal skills.
- Are dynamic, motivated and passionate about oral health!
What we offer
To support you to balance your work/life commitments, grow your skills and expertise, enjoy work and feel valued, we offer the following:
- Generous salary packaging benefits – you can access some of your annual salary tax free each year, hence you pay less tax each pay and take more pay home
- Living Expenses capped at $15,900 annually (includes repayments on mortgages, credit cards, personal loans, and rental payments)
- Meal Entertainment & Accommodation capped at $2,650
- Discounted gym membership at six sites across the region
- A supportive, positive and inclusive workplace culture
- Online induction and onsite orientation
- Generous leave arrangements including annual leave and parental leave
- Employee assistance program: up to 5 counselling sessions per year
Conditions of Employment
- A current National Police Check (within 6 months from date of application)
- A current Working with Children Check – Employee check nominating BCH
- A current Victorian Driver’s License
- Immunisation status clearance – Hepatitis B, MMR, Pertussis and Varicella, COVID-19 Vaccination evidence
How to Apply
If you are interested in these opportunities, please send through your application TODAY to [email protected] and applications will be assessed as they are received!
Applications must include cover letter, responses to key selection criteria, application form, and resume in PDF format.
For further information, please refer to the Position Description here: Dental Assistant PD Nov 2022
We look forward to hearing from you!
Bellarine Community Health Ltd is committed to protect children and reduce any opportunities for abuse or harm to occur.
Bellarine Community Health acknowledges the Wadawurrung people as the Traditional Custodians of the land on which our sites are located and across which we provide services and programs for the diverse community. We are proud to be an inclusive workplace and welcome people from all cultures and backgrounds to our service.