Bellarine Community Health are proud to again support VicHealth’s This Girl Can VIC Week. This Girl Can Week runs from 9-15 October.
We support girls and women to get active in ways that suit them whatever their age, background, or ability.
Ground yourself with a nature walk:
Walking in nature is a simple way to add some more movement to your day.
Walk alone, walk with a friend, walk with coffee, walk with the dog or walk with the kids.
Whichever way you do it you’ll be improving your physical health and mental wellbeing. All you need are some walking shoes!
Beautiful Bellarine Walks:
- A 3.4km loop walk along the coast and through coastal woodlands
- A 5.6km lighthouse to lighthouse walk along the beach accessible at low tide
- An easy 2.8km walk for all the family
- A hidden gem! Walks from 500m to 3km. Regular free guided walks available.
- A Beach walk and a walk along the Portarlington Pier Walkway to view the 120m long mural by Wadawurrung artists.
You Yangs National Park:
Walk with others!
There are lots of great walking groups around.
Click HERE for a list of some friendly Bellarine walking groups – and other local active groups.
Visit the This Girl Can VIC website to discover more walking trails and walking groups to help you get active exploring your own backyard.
Check out these websites below for more great places to walk around Vic:
Walking Maps – All the walks, on a map!
Victoria Walks – Find dog-friendly walks, kid-friendly nature walks and more!
Parks Victoria – Places to See and Get into Nature, including all-abilities access.
Bushwalking Victoria – Find bushwalks and discover bushwalking for beginners.
Escaping Your Comfort Zone – Body positive hiking and adventures for women and non-binary people.
To find out how we are supporting our community to Be Active in other ways click here.Leave a reply